View Single Post

Old 01-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrink View Post
Approximately 2 years ago, I placed a post on TOTV suggesting that people avoid seeing a particular cardiologist doing business in The Villages (and elsewhere) who was performing unnecessary procedures. I described the operation, but was reluctant to disclose his name (due to liability concerns). I received several replies to this post, many of which were critical of my perceptions. Tonight on local channel 9, WFTV in Orlando, Dr. Asad Qamar was highlighted as being sued by attorney John Kroner (out of Miami) by a "whistleblower" client. The suit is a multi-million dollar one, claiming Medicare fraud and the performing of multiple unnecessary and life-threatening procedures on patients. The report stated that in 2012, (the year my husband was "treated"..who by the way, has NO cardiac condition of any kind), Dr. Qamar took in over $18,000,000 from Medicare, making him the highest paid cardiologist in the nation. My husband is still having side effects from an unnecessary cardiac cath that was performed by this "doctor". I am putting this post up for public awareness. Thank you. Be aware.
Had you given his name back then maybe many people on this board could have avoided him. I understand your reason though and would have done the same thing to protect myself from lawsuit knowing how flawed our court system is.