Thread: Meza Luna….
View Single Post

Old 01-07-2015, 06:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
After the public address on the subject, the words clearly stating that no percentage of sales was part of the lease on commercial property by The Villages.

Here is a link to commercial property. I wish someone would call them and ask them again. I don't care. It just bums me when people make scathing statements as if The Villages were a big con operation. \\

We have one valid and honest and reliable poster who says they do and one who says they don't and I clearly remember reading and rereading the article about it. It is done all over the country and is not uncommon and certainly legal, but I remember reading they didn't.

Missypie, do you know?????

The Villages Commercial Property Sales & Leasing
I can only assume about here in TV. We have a business in another state. It is located in a very affluent area. Our rent is very high but it goes with the area. When our sales exceed a certain number then we must give the landlord a percentage of our sales that were over and above the magic number. We knew this before signing on the dotted line. Of course our attorney spelled everything out for us as we were novices back in the day.

When I read about TV charging high rent, it is because we have a captive audience here. I don't think the rent is overly high if you have a good business and plan. Once again, I'll play the broken record of "location location" .