View Single Post

Old 01-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The paper was one that pushed the edge, made everyone angry, held nothing sacred. The cartoon was one of An Isis member in black holding a knife to the throat of a person dressed as Allah and that figure saying, I am God, you idiot. Or at least that is what I got from the Today Show this morning. The retaliation was planned. The editor and the cartoonist rarely were there at the same time, some worked for other publications. They were all there when the gunman killed them, and the police officer(s) who protected them.

They have traced the gunmen to the northern edge of Paris to a downtrodden area where a heavy population of Islamic people live. A white athletic shoe fell out of the car driven by the gunman so the police surmised they were ready to change clothes and blend in.

Is this violence or is it terrorism?

How do you feel about this? What should be done? Does this scare you?
I think the cartoon you described, if true, was a bit extreme and they brought violence upon themselves by acting stupidly. They lost their lives for what, to prove a point?

How do I feel? Fine. What should be done? Search for the killers. Does it scare me? No, should it?