View Single Post

Old 01-07-2015, 03:26 PM

As a new patient you cannot get an appt. with Dr. Steepy unless you have a specific problem. Being new here I tried and was told that you have to see the NP. I spoke to a supervisor and got nowhere. I went to my appt. and when I got there was told they were running late so would I see a different nurse practiioner. I didn't want to but I was told the wait might be 45 min. or more so I agreed. I'm used to seeing the dr. I want, I'm not limited, do not need referrals. When I went to establish a primary, I had a problem with my arm. After going over my meds and answering questions my 30 min. was up. I said what about my arm, and she said she didn't have time, the next patient would be waiting to see her and I should come back to see her NP the following week. I did go back the following week, was told I have tendinitis in my arm, coming from my neck, and wanted me to start PT, no exrays or exam, and was given anti-inflammatory meds. I said I didn't want to go to PT so she told me to do home exercises and heating pad. After three weeks, no better, I again called and asked if could have the name of an orthopedist, was told no, to start PT and would not order exrays unless it was due to trauma or accident. The holidays came so I waited until this past Monday because the pain has gotten worse. I resorted to going to an Urgent Care Center, who finally got the ball rolling. Had 2 shots, exrays, have pinched nerves in my neck, having MRI tomorrow and appt. Monday with an orthopedist that I found with great references and they referred the same one. How can you have PT without knowing what the exact problem is??? I'm just very upset with the way the whole system is run, but I guess that's medicine today. I really feel badly for some people who go to a doctor and don't realize they have choices of how treatment can go. I didn't mean to go on so but so far I have not had good experiences with the doctors that I have tried. My first experience was with Dr. Desai who is mentioned on some other threads, and that was another whole experience. Good luck in finding the right doctor for you. You may have to do your homework and search until you are satisified.