Thread: Bank of America
View Single Post

Old 01-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Location: Village of Dunedin, Keller Tx, Tulsa Ok, Chicago Il, Milwaukee Wi

One more vote for Apple Pay. As for security using it, you might be interested in knowing that Apple Security has been so tight, the attorney general has complained that they cannot get into yours and my phones, and don't like it. They even used as an example a kidnapping where they can't get into a phone to see the texts and other information. they come up with the worst case examples just so they can routinely do what big government loves to do--spy on you. Google has reported they also will have a super secure service at some point in the future.

With apple pay, the merchant NEVER gets your credit card type or number, your name, etc, nothing to swipe that reads or can steal your magnetic card information. Instead they get a one time transaction #, and that's it for the amount you agreed to pay, using the phone's fingerprint scanner-sensor or your code to verify. It is available only on the iPhone 6. I hate when restaurant people take your card to some back room to do who knows what with it--that is not permitted to happen in the EU anywhere. It can't be adopted quick enough as far as I'm concerned. WINDixie, Walgreens already accepting and one of the gas station (can't remember which one) next month, more I'm sure to follow. Wish bank ATMs would convert as well, as there have been reports of lots of hack add ons to those machines that read your card data. My son's card and some 6000 others were compromised in TX that way a year ago.