View Single Post

Old 01-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Golden Sunrise Member
Unhappy Burke's Website - Not Helpful - No BBQ for us tonight

My husband and I had been wanting to try Burke's BBQ for some time. We don't eat out a lot, but tonight we really felt like some BBQ to get as takeout. The website says they are open until 8. My husband said he would call me when he was 20+ minutes away and I could call in the order. I called at 6:45 and asked to place a takeout order. I was asked if I could be there in 15 minutes as they close at 7. I said that my husband was on his way and could be there in 20 and that their web site says they close at 8. She said they close at 8 on Friday and Saturday. I told her that her website says they close at 9 on Friday and Saturday. She asked me again, could my husband be there in 15 minutes. I told her that I wasn't going to ask him to speed for the sake of some barbecue. I tried to not be snarky - but think that I failed. Of course, I could have gotten there in 15 minutes from Bonita, but the food would be that much colder when my husband got home. Also, I really don't want to support a business that won't stay open an extra 5 minutes to help a customer when their website gave the incorrect information. These folks are off our list.