Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
1] Is this violence or is it terrorism?
2] How do you feel about this?
3] What should be done?
4] Does this scare you?

1] I think it's violence. They must have sent death threats and warnings to stop mocking Mohammed or else. They killed the people they came to kill. It looked like a contract hit.

2] I think it is a dangerous world especially if you expect others to leave you alone when you provoke them. I wouldn't go to an Eagles/Dallas football game in Philadelphia dressed in a Cowboy jersey even though I have a right to. I wouldn't dress in Crypt colors and go into a Blood neighborhood even though I have a right to. I'm sure you can think of parallel examples.

3] I would tell newspapers satirical or otherwise that if they need protection because they are insulting terrorists then they should hire there own security and not risk the lives of policeman. I would tell employees that by working for a company like that it is risky.

4] I'm not scared at all. I have enough sense to stay out of dangerous areas or provoke a fight with someone who sees their own death as a reward to a better life.

I was in the area with my family when The Beltway terror was active. That was terror to me. The murders were random and in daylight. The area was large. The gunman did not warn anyone and was difficult to find. No one knew if there was more then 1 gunman or what the motivation was.
I believe with all my heart in the right of people to say what they want. In Free speech, in the first amendment. I think it was risky, and in some ways wrong...but no one should be killed for insulting another's religion, in this day and age. You have to learn to get along. People on this forum insult religion way too frequently and I don't like it...in fact the ones who defend these terrorists are usually atheists. I am not a good example of a Christian. I don't go to church, but I hate when people deride Christians. All the Christians that I know personally are nice people and would never kill or steal or .........

Everyone should be a little more scared than they were last year. Infidels, those who are NOT Muslims are the targets of the extremists...and I believe they will come to this country...and apparently so do the people who are involved in National intelligence. I heard them talk on CNN a few minutes ago.