View Single Post

Old 01-07-2015, 08:59 PM

Hi Zeeba,

I can't have a cat due to allergies in the family. But I will tell you true that if ever I were to have a cat, I would look for a Maine Coon Cat. I have always heard that Maine Coon Cats are well known for their charming, loving personalities -- kind of like dogs. In addition to being known for all that charm, I think your breed is known also for size. . . Shall we say -- A Substantial Kitty. -- I like that in a cat.

If anyone wants to know more about your breed, I hope they will give it a Google.

You seem like such a lovely cat, but here you are, caught in one of those transitions life can bring. And with those toddlers, parents really do have to choose their battles, I know. I feel sure it makes them sad to have to find a new home for you. But these things have to happen sometimes. They are trying to do what they think is best for everybody, including you, Zeeba. And they probably feel guilty, but I think parents of toddlers need to be cut a little slack. Toddlers have all that energy and they can run astonishingly fast. Toddlers are in the moment.

Toddlers are a joy but they sure are a handful. -- Besides, what with being shut out of your own room and probably not getting nearly as much attention as you are used to and all that fur-pulling and sitting on you, I bet you yourself are ready to pack up your toys and your bowl and your bed and move on down the road to live with somebody new who will have the time and place for you.

So anyway, even though you cannot be mine, I hope that when February comes, your grandparents get to bring you to The Villages to live out your life in sunshine and fun and lots of love. Please let us know how this all turns out.