View Single Post

Old 01-07-2015, 09:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
As to the first part, concerning no-go zones in Paris, we viewed those outer suburbs as places we wouldn't go under any circumstances, the same way we would not go into certain ghetto areas in NYC or even Grand Rapids, MI. I don't think there were laws restricting travel there back then (2009/2010), but what law-abiding citizen would want to? I do not remember hearing big stories of a lawless society in those suburbs but we were pretty much limited to watching the news channel France 24 in English, as our French is not very sophisticated.

I am going to look more into the Australian no-go law. Thanks for pointing that out. Our son and DIL have been living there since 2007. So far their opinion of the attacks there is that they have been "in house," i.e., mentally unstable, lone-working, non-connected violent people who are using the terrorist label, and the media has been feeding a frenzy. On the other hand, he's cannot exactly be relied on to tell his mother the truth of what is going on when she is worrying about his safety.
Thanks for your response. I was interested in your views as someone who was there because it staggers me as I research this.

The birth of these no go zones can be seen in the USA as we speak. I KNOW there are areas already in this country where the police just will not go to enforce the law and that is scary and can only build. These zones whether racial, religious or whatever threaten us at the base.

I need to get more information and read on this, because as I read what is happening, I can see it in our country developing.

Keep us posted on what your son reports