View Single Post

Old 01-07-2015, 09:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
Thanks for your response. I was interested in your views as someone who was there because it staggers me as I research this.

The birth of these no go zones can be seen in the USA as we speak. I KNOW there are areas already in this country where the police just will not go to enforce the law and that is scary and can only build. These zones whether racial, religious or whatever threaten us at the base.

I need to get more information and read on this, because as I read what is happening, I can see it in our country developing.

Keep us posted on what your son reports
Rags, you are jogging my memory. When we were living in north Jersey in 1980s, it was a known fact that there were parts of NYC where the police simply wouldn't go. It just wasn't a published fact.

I know what my son will say about Australia and safety. But I will ask him about the law.

France became an immigration utopia after WWII, with the majority of immigrants centering around Paris and other big cities. There is a lot of violence in these outer suburbs, much poverty, and the authorities don't have a handle on it. That much we saw while there.