View Single Post

Old 01-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Sumpter Landing Police

As I said, I'm a speeder, but not in residential zones and certainly not in school zones. The last thing I ever want to hear is the sound of my car hitting a child darting around something I cannot see. Yes, if I get pulled over I'll try to talk my way out of the ticket but if I'm getting one, I sign the ticket without hesitation and thank the officer for doing his duty (and I'm NOT being sarcastic when I say it).

There are some non-speeders that are seriously holier-than-thou just like some non-smokers are downright obnoxious even if you're smoking in your own home. There are some nonp-speeders that simply tell you, well, hope you don't get in an accident and do pay your ticket when you get it. The former can get me on my high horse faster than my daughter being a brat. The latter I agree with wholeheartedly.

BTW -- Speeding doesn't necessarily being reckless. I don't go faster than my car can handle. I don't whip through traffic. Heck, I don't even speed if traffic is moderate. But give me a freeway with little traffic late at night and I'm in hog heaven!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein