View Single Post

Old 01-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Rags, you are jogging my memory. When we were living in north Jersey in 1980s, it was a known fact that there were parts of NYC where the police simply wouldn't go. It just wasn't a published fact.

I know what my son will say about Australia and safety. But I will ask him about the law.

France became an immigration utopia after WWII, with the majority of immigrants centering around Paris and other big cities. There is a lot of violence in these outer suburbs, much poverty, and the authorities don't have a handle on it. That much we saw while there.
THAT is EXACTLY my fear in this country. Many, if not most, immigrants that come here now have no plan to EVER be assimilated into our society, and will resist efforts to do that. In the past we were set up so that those immigrants who naturally stayed together in this country needed to assimilate to succeed or survive. Now, it appears that is not necessary or wanted. I spelled out a few months ago on here my experiences in Pennsylvania where the spanish speaking community plain refused to participate in programs for youth that we were expanding to include them...they were clear that they wanted to say within themselves.

Having pockets as you describe in this country, and they DO exist as I have spelled out and you recall. Then when we discuss them and suggest changes, we are made to feel guilty.

Sorry..hate to be trite, but if you come to America, bring your countries best of's and hold them dear, but become an American. Again, if you say this you are made to be the "bad guy"

This attack was a terrorist attack, and sadly, we can expect more as long as we allow it and I sincerely mean that...as long as we allow it.