View Single Post

Old 01-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Sumpter Landing Police

I didn't say it was okay. I said I did it. Vast difference to me. We all pick and choose what we do -- whether it is legal or illegal. Some of what we choose is good for us, our country, our land, our family. Some of it is not. I will never have a drink and drive a car. Period. I'm sure most of you will and do. I do not condemn you for that. It is your choice. I do not talk on my phone when driving. Again, many of you do. Your choice. It is my choice to speed when I feel it is safe.

I have gotten three tickets in my life. One was for running a stop sign that I contested since the sign was well hidden behind a bush. The judge agreed. One was for going 37 in a 35 mph zone (!) (and, yes, my actual speed was 37). One was for an illegal u-turn. I didn't know it was illegal but I paid the ticket regardless. I have been pulled over a few times for speeding on freeways. I have been warned to slow down but have not been ticketed. Not once.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein