View Single Post

Old 01-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove

Definitely call Deans or any company that applies termitacide yearly when they do the "inspection." I hail from the Termite Capitol of the U.S. - New Orleans. After initial treatment, pesticide (Termidor or Premise) is reapplied yearly.

When I moved here 2 years ago, I called all the major cos. in the area. Most would not reapply because of cost. Deans took over my contract which was still in force, brought in their Beagle to inspect, then applied the chemical once they were sure I had no active termites.

Seems some companies here rip residents off with all the pest treatments they push. There are not that many insects here to start with, and those unwanted pests can be eliminated with a can of odorless/colorless BENGAL for inside ($15) and Home Defense & Bug-B-Gon for perimeter & yard. All available at Home Depot. Total cost=less than $75...and you'll have$$$ left to buy one of those spiffy dusting balls they love to use to dust spider webs off...LoL
Good luck...
PS... Yes, you do need termite coverage. With all the $$ you can save with treating other pests, don't skip this one!!

Last edited by Susan G; 01-08-2015 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Sp