View Single Post

Old 01-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Do you know any Muslims? This is like saying all African Americans are followers of Black Panthers kind of exhortations to violence or all Christians saying that we should bomb abortion clinics.

I went to library school (University of Denver Class of 1984) with a kind decent but very religious librarian from the University of Mosul. The Iran-Iraq War did somewhat revolutionize him judging from the letters sent to me after he want back to Iraq. His friends though-- a group of University of Denver Graduate Students-- were from different Arab/Muslim countries and EACH and every of these people were individuals with their own take on things. My Iraqi librarian friend was also the brother of some kind of military leader in the Iraq Army so sibling rivalry and input also came into this heavily.

I had a person one year in back of me while at the University of Minnesota Law School who became the first Muslim elected to Congress-- Keith Ellison. His views were ambitious but nothing out of the ordinary according to his U of MN Class of 1990 Classmates. I was Class of 1989. Keith Ellison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I doubt if reading much of his work that you can tell that he is a Muslim.

ISIL is run by very violent extremists and these brutal thugs are hardly reflective of an ordinary Muslim in any country.
How would you classify those who start and control the NO GO zones ? In essence they do not kill, thus not extremist, yet they will not allow police to enforce the law of the land because they follow another law which is in contrast.

How would you classify those who insist that Muslim law is the ONLY law they will abide by and that the national law is irrevellant ? Imagine each religious belief picking and choosing the laws of the land they wish to follow

Islam is a body which encompasses all parts of society...religious, political, social etc. Those who kill may be what you call extremists. HOWEVER, those who refuse to obey a national set of laws because it does not fit their Islam is very dangerous to the very fabric of that country.

Anybody's religion is their business but it cannot impact the nations enforcement of their laws and that is a concern because these Zones are doing just that, although they are not all out killing, the seed of those killings is there.