View Single Post

Old 01-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
There was a young man who saved a journalist in Afghanistan. When the journalist asked him why, his answer was resoundingly simple. His mother told him that if joined ISIL he was to never cross her door again. They were not Muslims. She had been educated and had read the Quran. She knew ISIL was nor following the words of Muhammad. Her son told the journalist that if everyone could be taught to read, they would know they are not following the words of Allah and Muhammad.

And that is part of the problem. Muslim children in their enclaves are not being educated, even here. Like the Orthodox Jews, they are being taught in religious schools. These schools are not well regulated. Children grow up knowing their bible as determined by the teachers but knowing nothing about mathematics, the language of their country, honest history, and, most importantly, only what is deemed relevant in the Torah, the Quran, the Bible. This needs to stop now. School districts need to take an active role and make sure the children get a true education, not just being taught what a religious leader deems appropriate.

ESL needs to stop, not just in schools but in businesses and government as well. There is no need to assimilate if the country in which you reside doesn't have enough pride to say, "You're in Xxxx, you will follow our laws, learn our language to the best of your ability. If you don't, feel free to go where your language is spoken, but don't try to change ours to suit you." Too many nations have rolled over on this issue, especially America.

It is time for France to put on some big girl panties and clean up these enclaves. If the police need military backup, so be it. If a community has refused to let the police in, then those are the communities that have their leaders deported, their schools shut down, their churches silenced. Draconian? Yes, but necessary. The same goes here.

To me, Muslims are wonderful people. I have been privileged and honored to know many, both as a child and as an adult. I have been in their homes and they have been in mine. They dare not speak out. Not here, not in the Middle East, not in Europe. We do not need to fear the majority. We need to fear the fanatics and we need to remove their leaders from our soil. Imans who spread hate need to be jailed if inciting violence, deported otherwise. Mosques that welcome terrorists, that are used to recruit for ISIL and its ilk need to be shut down and be razed. Schools that refuse to teach the basics, that do not teach in English, need to be closed.

We are not dealing with people of the modern world. We are battling people of the seventh century. The times were much harsher then. Laws were black and white then. So, we either find a way to bring these people into this century or we battle them with the intent of utter destruction. Not sure how to do the former and I hate the idea of the latter.
I find your post the most thoughtful of the bunch. Not sure though that we could get our leaders to go with a plan like this. Education will help as well as access to critical thinking but the willingness to really promote such notions does not seem to sit really well with our media or politicians. It seems more to be about keeping the status quo and propping up the leaders who just remain in office for decades making sure that they give the appearance of helping those who keep them in political offices. There are exceptional leaders who buck the system and try to promote real change.