View Single Post

Old 01-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onslowe View Post
We are talking about religion based attacks. Spin doctoring can fashion it as 'political' or only vaguely and aberrant religion, but still it is, when the smoke and mirrors of the love everybody segment clears, a retaliatory and violent religion with 7th century values and behaviors.

Please realize that Media Matters, a link above, is a "progressive political" group - as in left wing - not some sort of herald of truth.) The effort to cite it is intellectually honest and worthy… the group and its founder, David Brock, are not.

Is there not an action akin to public excommunication at least among the moderate Muslims. Cannot these moderates publicly cough up these hate filled co-religionists by even demonstrating against the known hate teaching mosques and schools? And yes, that dirty little word, informing and not decrying those who do? These would go a long way in making a justifiably sceptical world less doubtful of all Muslim intent to live as peaceful people in countries that have their existing cultures and laws in place.

On another point from above, please let's not trivialize our reaction to this horror with the familiar 'red herring' device of "Let's not forget about (the 'Yellow Peril' in the post above.) It is wrong to try to lessen the importance of this event by saying "The beat goes on." It is neither valid, nor relevant and just does not fit because it's not helpful. It's as intellectually dishonest and lazy as Rosie O'Donnell yelling "What about the Crusades?" once on a discussion on "The View." A device, false, ill fitting, and completely not consistent with honest discourse.

Muslim actions will speak far louder than platitudes from Muslim journalists.

Do something about cleaning up your own backyards - here and abroad.
Thank you for the fair assessment of my intentions. Anyone who reads my posts on a regular basis knows I am a moderate and will vote as my research guides me. That can and has lead me in a variety of directions.

I now can see why the Political Thread can be used for gamesmanship. It happens a lot on TOTV.

There are more modern readings of the Muslim religion but it sure has been weaponized a great deal in the past couple of decades.