View Single Post

Old 01-10-2015, 08:56 AM

Ah, Halibut, calling us to confess. . .

Well, there was this one time when somebody in a hulking car was laying on his horn behind me at a stop sign. I assumed he wanted me to pull out in front of a cart I could see coming along rather quickly in the golf cart lane.

The Big Beeper could not see what I could see. But I chose not to succumb to his pressure to have a terrible wreck or to scare the you-know-what out of the approaching golf cart driver.

So I gave the Big Beeper a little gesture with my right hand. It was a gesture that indicated a shrug -- you know -- like I was saying, "I cannot pull out yet."

AND THEN the Big Beeper immediately beeped AGAIN!

I confess: At beep number two, the gesture I made was unmistakable as to its meaning.

I will give myself a little credit though because the gesturing I did was with my right hand. I did make it as obvious as I could -- with my right hand from inside the car. But I think he could see it as he was hulking back there, practically in my back seat.

But I have to feel a little better about my bad behavior because, at least, I did not roll down my window and make that gesture loud and clear, with my left hand, over top the car roof, and a few times in quick succession, just to be perfectly clear. Ohhhhhh, how I wanted to though.

Thank you Halibut. I feel much better now.

Usually-A-Lady Laurie.