View Single Post

Old 01-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I remember in 2011 at Sarasota Driving Range when you teed off on the opposite side of the lake, by the practice area. A woman had her purse stolen out of her golf cart parked about 50' away from the teeing area. It was in the newspaper and discussed on this forum.

A short time after that a players' bag and clubs were stolen from his cart in the Havana CC parking lot. The lesson to learn there is, don't park with golf clubs in a car parking area. It makes it very easy for someone to pull up in their car and pop open the trunk and grab the clubs. From then on I only parked my cart in the golf cart parking lot down the hill away from the cars.

Everyday when I go into MVP Athletic Club at Brownwood I see golf carts parked with bags and clubs in the car parking lot. Very easy for a thief to roll through the parking lot and pick up a $200 or $300 driver or putter. I've heard reports of single clubs stolen at the restaurants on 466. People need to learn if it's out of sight, put it under lock and key.