View Single Post

Old 01-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Gold member

On New Year's Day we had grown kids and grandkids in town.

Our 2 daughters and I decided to start the year off with a long walk. We headed east on Pinellas up to Buena Vista, up to 466A, East on 466A to Morse, turned south and headed back to Pinellas.

Now we didn't map this "little walk" and by the time we got to Bradenton Rec center I was about to die. We had covered 5 miles!!

I saw my golf cart at Bradenton and knew the guys and grandkids were in the pool. As we approached the parking lot our 35 yr old son got in my golf cart to go home for something they forgot. We waved him over and I asked if he'd give me a ride. He laughed and told me we were so close to finishing our walk I should just walk on home. (parent/ child reversal!)

As he pulled out of Bradenton I vigorously, aggressively, gave him a frantic, waving 1 finger salute!! To my horror the golf cart passing by was not him....but some nice little couple with a look of horror on their faces.

I thought I would die!! The girls and our son, who was following that cart out of the lot, had the laugh of their lives. I will never live that down!

But if it was you, please know that I do not shoot the bird at random strangers.

There, it is off my chest. I feel so much better!!