View Single Post

Old 01-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
I see nothing wrong with serving beer at Johnny Rockets here in The Villages. Do you really think here in TV they are targeting kids under 21 for anything on their menu......that would be a mighty small target audience for them to survive.

This is not a local bar or "city fire" and the ambiance is such that people do not just sit there and drink. Yes they would like the golfer to enjoy a beer (or 2)after golf while enjoying his/her hamburger for lunch or have an alternative adult offering for a father or grandfather who brings their younger kids in for a hamburger on a hot summer day rather than just a soda.

It just makes good business sense to me !
Not arguing any of that.

Just saying I will not take grandson to fun type restaurant that seves alcohol. It is one thing to take him to an adult restaurant and let him see that adults can imbibe and not get drunk, it is another to take him into a restaurant where he gets up and dances with the severs and sees adult drinking. I have some very real reasons given my daughter's biological makeup and his father's issues.

I worked hard to ensure that my daughter understood the risks of drugs and alcohol. I'll continue doing so with my grandson. It worked for her. Hopefully, the same standards will work for him.

So, for me, personally, serving beer here is bad and it just takes a restaurant I liked off the list for my grandson.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein