View Single Post

Old 01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd
Default Re: POLL Should WE USE TORTURE - YES or NO

Torture for the sake of torture, no. Torture to get information that will save lives of innocent people. yes. Torture to save lives of those that protect our freedom. yes

There is all this huge controversy about water boarding. I always thought it was tying someone to a board and then dunking them upside down and holding them under water and at some point drowning them. I finally found out exactly what it was. Leaning someone backwards so the head is lower then the rest of their body, then placing a cloth over the head and pouring water on them. Makes you feel like drowning but it is impossible to drown. Well guess what. When I went through flight school in the military, they did that to us. Didn't know what it was called back then, but they were showing us what to expect if we were captured. That and several other types of torture. Don't know if they still do it or not. Was it hard? yes. Did I live? yes. So I would guess there are several thousands of US military personnel who have been through this. And if this will get information that will save US lives, then by all means please continue to put every terrorist we can find through it.