View Single Post

Old 01-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Sage
Default The big story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckazules View Post
On the front page of the Daily Sun is the AP article on the millions of people that marched throughout France in solidarity against Islamic/ISIS terrorism. The "tickle my ears" AP reporting missed the BIG story (no mention whatsoever) that our country failed to send a representative to one of our biggest allies. Might have to scrap my subscription. Need to know more about what's really going on in the world than what the next club is doing. How about a little more meat? It's okay...I have the drudge report & Fox news; but what about the rest of you?

It's no doubt a good idea to get a better cross representation of what's actually going on "on our planet" by reading many of the major newspapers from all over the country .......only then will you get the big story. East to west, we read them all. All major newspapers are now "online".

We, ourselves, can easily see how some of the television news reporting is slanted one way or the other. We choose to watch ALL OF THE MAJOR NEWS SHOWS to get a better representation.....

The local newspapers are great for community news, but lack world perspective......or the simple fact that everyone is coming from a different space & time, with varying opinions, based on their own life experience.

No one newspaper ; no one news......will ever tell it all.