View Single Post

Old 01-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
newguyintv: I moved down from Minneapolis area in 2006. I can tell you the Minneapolis area is a wonderful and very clean area and very family oriented . Yes the winters are cold but its a dry cold and the people there celebrate winter. They have Winter Carnival that lasts for 30 days. They have four major sports teams Their skywalk system is a city within itself.

I didn't move here because of the weather I moved because of the tax situation. If taxes were more in line with Florida then my response to your question " Who wants to be in Minnesota" would be me .

Personal Best Regards
I also grew up in Minneapolis and lived not too far from Lake Nokomis. Great place but freakin' cold in the winter. I enjoyed the cold and snow. I then spent about 40 years in the 'burbs of Washington DC. The wet cold was not colder in temperature but felt colder. I like Florida a whole lot more than DC or Minneapolis and would NEVER move back to either place.

Taxes are a heck of a lot cheaper here. Food prices are a little higher but it is sure saved in taxes.