View Single Post

Old 01-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
I meant that "SShhhhhhhh…" sarcastically.

I think we should be looking at the existing state tuition assistance programs and making them more known to high-school students, especially in the vocational and trades classes that most kids are not even encouraged to look at.

Our kids are recent college graduates and they and most of their peers were told nothing about vocational/trades curriculum and the fact that some of the coursework can be taken while doing college prep curriculum in high school.

We started saving for college the month our first child was born. They didn't qualify for financial aid and we gladly paid their tuition, room and board…..AND they worked summers and holidays all the way thru college. They are on their own with their careers because they are independent-minded and have a work ethic that says "I can do it myself!". That didn't come by accident. We worked on it every single day, reminding ourselves that kids tune in more on what you do than what you say.

As someone said above, it's the kids in the middle income brackets with working parents who need assistance the most. Adding to their parents' "tax liability" and knowing the spending and tax-legislating appetites of legislators, these families will be hurt, not helped by more federal "help" being touted.
I'm sorry. I'm not good at picking up sarcasm on-line.
Are you saying that middle class families taxes will go up more then college tuition would cost their children?
Can you back that up?