View Single Post

Old 01-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I'm sorry. I'm not good at picking up sarcasm on-line.
Are you saying that middle class families taxes will go up more then college tuition would cost their children?
Can you back that up?
No. I'm saying that middle class families' taxes are already too big of a burden because of all the other existing programs that are already in place in the states and federally, and because of their taxes going toward financing the lower-income students/families' education and increasing medical insurance costs before their own! It leaves little to put toward their own kids' college savings/costs while repaying the parents' own student loans and trying to pay for the family's higher medical insurance premiums and deductibles.

I like the sound of the president's proposal to give community college tuition "free", but knowing how Washington "manages" money, it's their "management results" that I worry about.

I don't know about what you're seeing, but I don't see middle-class tax burdens going down. And then there is inflation that is going to have to be unleashed at some point because of the elephant in the room: $18 trillion in national debt.

Again, I think we need to work on bolstering and making known the existing state college assistance programs, along with serious career-counseling all the way thru high school, about which most 20-somethings would ask "what's that"?

See: http://fortune.com/2012/11/20/why-co...unity-college/