View Single Post

Old 01-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
How is it that a country, like Germany can fully fund every student for either university or trade school education and we can't do it in this country.

Germany has the strongest economy in Europe and a huge exporter of manufactured goods of high quality. Taxes for workers are higher than in the US, to be sure, but there a lot more of them.

I worked in a manufacturing subsidiary of my company, in Germany and they had the highest skilled workforce I have ever seen. Every single employee was either a university graduate or tech school grad. ...and I do mean EVERY employee, right down to janitorial.

By the way, every one of those employees had free healthcare too...

I'm just astonished they can figure this out and we can't....
Actually, it isn't that we haven't figured it out. There are just a lot of us that don't want to invest money in the future of our country. If someone is uneducated, mentally ill, or physically sick and can't pay for it . . . too bad for them. We made our money and we're keeping it, and to hell with everyone else. A rising tide lifts all boats? Not on our watch.

Here's where the happiest people live and what they are doing differently from us:

http://unsdsn.org/wp-content/uploads...013_online.pdf

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West