View Single Post

Old 01-13-2015, 11:38 AM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
It takes a while to learn your way around TV and the surrounding area. When we first moved here I was really surprised at how few choices in markets was available, but over time things have changed dramatically.

I shop at Publix, Fresh Market, Aldi's, WalMart, Sam's and sometimes WinDixie, and let's not forget we have the Market of Marion and a Farmer's Market right here in Spanish Springs and one at Brownwood.

I like Publix because it is clean and they have just about everything I need, however I do not shop there exclusively.

Fresh Market has excellent sales. If you log into their website you will see where you can get information daily on their sales. Their Tuesday ground chuck and chicken breast for $2.99 lb cannot be beat, and the quality is the best - they also do a whole cooked chicken with a whole apple pie for $9.99 on Tuesday. They have specials every day. But one of the best is their two cooked chickens for $12.00 every weekend.

I shop Aldi's on 441 for basics and vegetables, their prices are very reasonable. Worth a visit to check them out.

Our WalMart is probably the best I have ever shopped. Their produce is very good and their prices are excellent.

WinDixie once in a while for their good sales.

Sam's for great prices and because we don't have a Costco's.

I am centrally located and can get to all these stores without having to travel too far, and I am certainly not out shopping every day, I am trying to make the point that there are various shopping venues available to us in this immediate area.
What a great sensible post. Thanks for providing positive and helpful thoughts on this topic.

One note - I am from eastern Long Island. The Wal-Marts there were terrible. Here, and especially on 466, it is a pleasure and a money saving trip with quality foods. And as to Fresh Market, well, that's just excellent and fun. Love their meat and their specialty foods.

Someone above said it well. Shop wisely. It works.

I wouldn't trade TV for anywhere else. I'm here and love it and feel blessed. I do not waste my time looking for places where 'the grass is greener,' or looking only for negatives, real or baseless.