Thread: Global Warming?
View Single Post

Old 01-13-2015, 12:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
I still subscribe to the local newspaper (Omaha World Herald) where I lived until last September. While this post is somewhat political, it is meant to show the extreme positions of those who believe in climate change and those who don’t. A Craig Ryan had a piece in the paper’s Public Pulse. Here was my response:

Global Warming made up of lies

Wow, does Craig Ryan (1/7 Public Pulse) ever mischaracterize the climate-change “reality”!! He stated that since so many people agree that climate change is a problem that the conservatives (et al) should “accept this reality”. A 6/23/14 article in Personal Liberty Digest states, “The theory of man-made global warming is based on spurious science, phony statistics and outright lies”.

Fact: when the volcano, Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth. Fact: the earth has 800-year temperature cycles of heating and cooling which have been recurring since long before there was gas, oil or coal to blame. Fact: the planet has actually cooled 0.7 degrees in the last century.

But then facts must never stand in the way of an agenda. Since billions of dollars will be made if/when tax & trade becomes law it is shamefully naïve to expect an “honesty awakening” in Washington or in the press rooms of America. The climate-change problem is a truth problem. Lies repeated often enough mysteriously become “the truth”, so I understand Mr. Ryan’s belief. It’s just that what he believes is wrong.

I'm astounded at the gullibility of so many. (Well, to be perfectly honest, I'm actually NOT astounded.)