View Single Post

Old 01-13-2015, 01:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Homes on golf courses bring up some interesting etiquette questions. I believe in the following:

1) If I hit the ball in their yard I will retrieve it if there isn't a fence and nobody is outside. I don't see a problem with this and I only go in their yard if I see my ball (i.e. I won't go hunting around in their shrubbery). I won't open someone's gate to retrieve a ball. If the owners are visible I will say I am sorry for hitting in their yard and ask their permission to retrieve the ball. If they won't let me retrieve the ball I will dig into my golf bag and pull out a new ball.

2) I won't hit a ball from someone's yard. This seems pretty obvious since the ball would be out of bounds but I have seen a fair number of people who don't know the rules of golf and have hit an out of bounds ball from someone's yard. This is particularly obnoxious if they take a divot.

3) If I damage something I will pay for it. That fact that it wasn't intentional does not relieve me of my obligation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
ok, I would tell them if they lived on a fairway to get good insurance and have a window company on speed dial.