View Single Post

Old 01-13-2015, 03:43 PM
Email Reported As Spam

As to retrieving an out of bounds ball...a utility employee has legal access to utility boxes on your property. The guy who cuts your lawn , fertilizes it etc are invitees by you. Golfers are not invitees they are trespassers and The Villages makes it clear that they refrain from retrieving their ball because of that reason. If a homeowner posts a no trespass sign and golfer ignores it then the owner has a right to make a complaint to the police.

I find it interesting that some golfers hurry from the scene when they recognize that their ball hit a house and move even quicker when they hear glass shatter. Yet they feel every right to retrieve THEIR ball because well its THEIRS.

I also pay particular attention to the tone ( posting reading between the lines) because it comes out well its your fault and not mine because you bought a house on a golf course. I suppose its a tree's fault if this same guy drives his car into a tree?

I live on a championship golf course. This is a rare time when I acknowledge it but I do so to explain that I don't mind if a golfer takes a quick look see to retrieve a ball. I do mind if they dig up my shrubs doing so, hit from my yard and drive their cart on my property and I do mind foul language as it offends my ears.

The OP's question centers on the ethical behaviors. Many homeowner insurance policies cover property of others for such occasions and liability is a non-issue. Its a good will coverage up to $500 in most policies

When playing golf here keep in mind that your view is not only about houses on the golf course it is also about the fact that the people living in those houses are your friends, neighbors or perhaps strangers that you will meet and become further engaged at the town square, MVP rec center etc.