Thread: Global Warming?
View Single Post

Old 01-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
Global Warming made up of lies

Fact: when the volcano, Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.
Non Fact and scientifically wrong

Volcanic CO2 | Open Mind

Volcanic Gases and Climate Change Overview

Global Warming Misinformation - Volcanoes Emit More CO2 Than Humans

Eruption Corruption

What's the carbon footprint of ... a volcano? | Environment | The Guardian

Do you want more?

Quote:
Fact: the earth has 800-year temperature cycles of heating and cooling which have been recurring since long before there was gas, oil or coal to blame.
Partly true but completely misleading. The question is not have there always been fluctuations (although your choice of 800 years is unsupported there have been variations in climate. Once the poles were tropical, Once there were ice sheets to Ohio) The question today is are we seeing a period of rapid change which has serious implications for humans and how much of those changes are man made. And what if anything should be done to deal with those changes

Quote:
Fact: the planet has actually cooled 0.7 degrees in the last century

Again wrong. See the graph at the bottom of this post. Please in the interest in not calling the other side liars, I have been posting real charts real data and the climate deniers have posted no data, just repeated claims that this is a hoax, and follow the money. All I know about money is that the oil and gas industry has spent a lot of money to obfuscate and has bought a lot of politicians.

Quote:
But then facts must never stand in the way of an agenda. Since billions of dollars will be made if/when tax & trade becomes law it is shamefully naïve to expect an “honesty awakening” in Washington or in the press rooms of America. The climate-change problem is a truth problem. Lies repeated often enough mysteriously become “the truth”, so I understand Mr. Ryan’s belief. It’s just that what he believes is wrong.
The irony is that this paragraph is accurate but it is the deniers who have an agenda. The tobacco industry told all of us how great cigarettes were for our health and that the science was bogus. Same reason, protect their industry and their product. So my challenge, which I have issued previously on this forum is to produce the data for your 'facts'.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	47012