View Single Post

Old 01-13-2015, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

This was taken from an email written to the online newspaper, and it is so true:

Rule #2 – Golf carts do not have the “Right of way” when they decide to cross into the automobile lane to their left. The only legal places to move to the left in a golf cart is where the line is “Dashed”, not “Solid”, or at an intersection. Too many cart drivers “cheat over” before they get to the area where the line is dashed, thereby creating a hazard by cutting in front of cars going at the speed limit. Where the lines before a gate indicate that carts should merge left, they should still yield to cars on their left.

Because of where we live, we see this exact same driving at a local intersection, and not only do the carts cut across our lane, they do so at a high speed. I cannot tell you how many times we have received the middle finger salute or had the "F" word flung at us when a golf cart has crossed our lane to turn left.

Unfortunately, it was a fatality waiting to happen. I am sure the golf cart driver had done this maneuver numerous times before and gotten away with it. My sympathy lies with the occupants of the car. How does one sleep after you have killed someone in an accident such as this?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak