View Single Post

Old 01-13-2015, 08:12 PM
Veteran member

When the early immigrants arrived in the USA they built plain churches in New England and in the cities they built beautiful cathedrals with gorgeous stained glass windows. My wife and I love to visit churches around the world and are awed by the beautiful architecture, statues, and paintings that all have a religious and spiritual theme. Such beauty! Today when churches are built they often are much plainer and less costly. We just had a large church built to house the huge number of parishioners that have joined the church, and this church is beautiful in its simplicity and has no costly stained glass windows. I, personally, wish they could have gotten some from a closed, inner city church, but that is not to be. Those early immigrants who pitched in to fund and build those inner city churches loved their congregations and sacrificed financially because they believed and had faith in their chosen religion.

I think we should continue to allow non profits such as churches and 501 3c organizations to remain tax exempt. I love that we have these organizations. They help so many people and without their work our government would have to step in and fund some of their work and this would be very expensive.