View Single Post

Old 01-13-2015, 10:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
The report made it sound like driver of the golf car made a left turn from the right (golf car ) lane.
Please, TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE NEW to driving in a golf car:

When you want to make a left turn, it is proper to:

Use your mirrors to check what traffic is to the rear of your vehicle (just like in an auto)

Signal your intent AHEAD of time and ENTER the left lane when it is safe to do so.

Once you are in the left lane, when oncoming traffic is gone, make your left turn.

Non- street legal Golf cars ARE allowed to be in the left hand lane for this purpose. I think some folks really don't know this.
--------------

I have TWICE had the scare of rental golf cars spontaneously turning left from the right hand lane, crossing (with inches to spare) in front of my automobile…. one flapped her hand at me (signal?) while passing my front end- but I had NO advance warning in either case.
On both occasions, they were headed into Sterling Heights recreation center.

Thank G-d my reflexes kicked in and twice accidents were avoided- and Thank G-d there was no one behind ME as I jerked to a sudden stop. Thank G-d my heart palpitations quieted afterwards.

I would so like to see a manual given with every golf car purchased (or rented) here:
Rules of the Road for new golf car drivers in The Villages.

Be alert and sensible, so you may enjoy and live to tell the tale. Please.
Thank you Uptown Girl....everyone needs to understand this, and a manual or course is a great idea!!!