View Single Post

Old 01-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

That is an excellent point. There are two issues here. One is the bandwidth coming into your house and the second is the bandwidth from your router to your Roku/AppleTV/TV if you are using Wi-FI to connect your router to your Roku/AppleTV/TV. You can get a good feel for the Wi-FI bandwidth by downloading an internet speedtest app to your smartphone (if you have one) and then stand next to your TV and see what sort of bandwidth you are seeing.

If you have poor Wi-FI performance to your TV there are a couple of options if you can't move the router closer to the TV. One option is a so-called "WiFi extender". This is a box that will extend your Wi-FI signal and would typically be place centrally in your house. Another option is "ethernet through your electrical wires". These are boxes that use your electrical wiring as a network. You put one box near your router and another box near your TV. The boxes plug into your electrical outlets and connect to the router and TV via cat5 ethernet cable. Both options are pretty cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
I was having similar problems, and I found the page below to be very helpful. I relocated my wireless router much closer to my TV and it works much better now.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/85