View Single Post

Old 01-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Be glad there are still textbooks in print that students are allowed to bring home where parents can see their contents.

When students are all provided an iPad to access only e-texts stored and locked in "the cloud" with log-in access only by school officials, and when all test questions and essay answers are typed by the student into remote file storage in the cloud, parents will not see what kind of ideology is being fed to unsuspecting children being tested on it in remote computer file storage.

It's the perfect indoctrination tool. And it's already in use with all the federally mandated curriculum and testing forced onto all public schools. These articles are just two of many examples:

How Orange County Schools Are Preparing To Go Digital | StateImpact Florida

"Schools across the country are contemplating a technology overhaul to meet new, tougher education standards adopted by 45 states and the District of Columbia, known as Common Core. Those standards take effect in the fall of 2014.

And Florida schools face a second deadline: By the fall of 2015, half of classroom instruction must use digital materials…."

Technology | StateImpact Florida
Ok, if you don't see what your kid is doing in school, that's YOUR fault, not the teacher, district or state. Whether you like it or not, digital textbooks and computerized testing is here to stay. I for one, as a teacher, absolutely love the digital textbooks. Students now get real video footage to go with print media that can be viewed outside of class time. I can now focus my energy with the students on synthesizing that information in my classroom. Much more efficient and effective for instruction. I teach a "flipped" classroom and found it the best way yet instruct the students of today. My kids Tweet and post Facebook and Instagram answers in my class.

Dr. Seuss