View Single Post

Old 01-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
And why is everyone in a hurry? I thought that seniors slowed up in the aging process. People in a hurry to get somewhere and then don't know what to do with themselves..amen
Man, I am so sick and tired of hearing this. "What's the rush? You're all retired."

Really? we're all sitting around with nothing to do? We're all just hanging out joy riding in our golf carts waiting to die?

First of all, what business is it of anyone's whether someone in in a hurry or not?

Don't we have doctor's appointments, tee times, clubs to go to, guests arriving?

Then, who's to say that someone being in a hurry had anything to do with this accident. It sounds to me that Mr Hughes simply made a tragic and fatal mistake. He wasn't paying attention for some reason and he turned into an oncoming vehicle.

It's always surprising to me that every time something like this happens, (and they're pretty rare occurrences in The Villages) that every one uses it as an excuse to tout their own little pet peeve. "We need cart paths, we need more signs, seat belts on golf carts, bigger directional lights, stripes painted on the ground, lower speed limits, ban all golf carts."

We need to accept the fact that as long as there are cars, there are going to be accidents. As long as there are golf carts there are going to be accidents. If cars and golf carts are allowed on the same streets, eventually, there will be accidents involving the two of them. A woman on a bicycle was hit by a car a few months ago. Should we not allow bicycles on the roads? If you want a completely vehicle accident free community, ban all vehicles. Even at that, people would twist and ankle walking or fall down and break a hip.

Vehicles, roads, signs (or lack thereof) high speed limits do not cause accidents. Accidents are caused by people being careless. Accidents are caused by people because people are imperfect. If you really want to eliminate all accidents, you'll have to eliminate people.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie jr; 01-14-2015 at 07:48 PM.