View Single Post

Old 01-14-2015, 10:04 PM
Veteran member
Default The law is the law -- but

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
No one has to fess up. That's the law. This is the crux of the problem. You bought the house, you bought knowing the risks, you decided how to prevent or not prevent damage, you make the profit.
If I bought the house these would be my problems and I would have solutions to prevent damage.
Do unto others applies.
Many years ago I was involved in a very touchy legal situation and on the advice of my company's and my own attorney I followed the law. It was the wrong thing to have done. It was the law but that did not make it the moral, ethical or right thing to have done. I regretted it from the outset. If the same thing were to ever happen again I would do what is right and take my chances with the law. The law may be the law, but it has no morals or ethics. It has no conscience and does not have the ability to cover all possible situations and every conceivable ambiguity.

And I understand what the law is in this case. I just don't think it's right. Each of us has to make our own judgments and decisions based upon whatever values we may hold.

Last edited by tedquick; 01-15-2015 at 08:54 AM.