View Single Post

Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Default Re: Courtyard Villas With No Grass

From day one going back to the 1980's - other than Silver Lake and Orange Blossom -there have only been a few models to pick from when buying into 'The Villages'. When Mr. Schwartz designed his very first set of modular homes (NOT DOUBLEWIDES TRAILERS) there were only a hand full of designs to select from. You can see that from the Country Club Hills village. This was his first dream village, the one that made all the rest of this community come about and the one the set some of HIS ground dreams. Unfortunately, those green lawns that are in the Country Club Hills village won't be in those villa's. Air quality depends greatly on the amount of lawn, trees, shrubs and other vegetation. Fact is folks, the air quality in Sumter county where the clear cutting has occurred will be pretty nasty once all of those cars, trucks and gas golf carts start rolling in. Don't think for a minute the grass from the golf courses will clean the air in your lovely area, they won't. Those blades of grass are kept so short they can hardly keep the plant alive let alone clean the air for us to benefit. Grass also helps to keep the rain in the ground once it rains so that is a benefit that is being taken away by all of the city cement being poured over the earth. So think again about not wanting green around you. Wait until you have your first dust bowl experience from the clear cutting the villages has been doing. I have seen it. It isn't pretty. I suggest you wear a dust mask. PS: I have a lawn and it takes 17 minutes to mow and I get to talk with my neighbors when I am out doing yard work. I still play golf 3 days a week and that's a good thing.