View Single Post

Old 01-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Eternal Member
Default MSGs disappear during composition

Firstly, I'm a bit hamfisted.
Secondly, I'm a bit too verbose.

Now the problem. I'll be composing a response full of thoughtful insights and witty repartee when suddenly what I've type disappears from the screen. Looking at the back/forward arrows, nothing is ahead so I've not backed up. The backarrow takes me to the previous screen before I composed and entered my precious thought. Obvious cause is that I'm hitting some key or set of keys, likely with my left hand, that is deleting all that priceless prose. Aggravating the situation is that the keyboard is possibly too high, causing my hands to reach up rather than hover.

Anybody know what I'm hitting to delete? Any shortcut way to retrieve? Generally I just forget about it and go on to something else, after a bit of cursing, but I really hate to deprive this audience of my sage solutions to all problems. Hey, I even had a fix for the Belvedere gate goatrope, but once I typed it, I forgot it. Then it was deleted. What suffers next, world peace or the common cold???
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e