View Single Post

Old 01-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Default Need Your Input...Kindness Day for Camp Villages

:dontknow:
I use the "don't know" critter for I do not know and would like some Villagers' insights.
June,July,August are three months where The Villages offers an Intergenerational Camp of visiting children. Most activities which residents and their grandchildren may sign up for deal with sports, crafts, hands-on activities. There is an organization called Kindness Works International which has several residents of The Villages on their volunteer board who would like to have a Kindness Day at Camp Villages this summer. Norman Lee wrote the lyrics for and sings a wonderful song entitled One Act of Kindness which he has agreed to perform, the 1995 World Champion of Public Speaking having defeated 22,000 other speakers to win Toastmasters' crown may appear, various kindness hands-on activities would be demonstrated and acted upon by attendees. Kindness ideas would be shared in forms of handouts so follow up may occur. The program would touch attendees heads to make them think, hearts to make them feel, and hopefully hands to make them act. Our children need to become part of a kindness/compassion epidemic not passive observers of what the media primarily portrays to/for them.
Do you think a Kindness Day would succeed and please share your candid opinions and suggestions. For as I began..."I just don't know" and seek your advice/input/opinions.
My e-mail is greg0326@comcast.net
Thank you kindly!