View Single Post

Old 01-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I am not an Adventist, Have just returned from a medical mission to treat Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate cases among young , very poor, children in rural Mexico. The Mission was jointly sponsored by local(central Folrida) Rotary Clubs($80,000 grant) and a charitable foundation that is part of the Florida Hospital family. Although this post is not exactly on point, I think it does speak to the overall committment that Florida Hospital has to it's basic mission of service to those who need.

Professional medical personnel corrected the lesions and malformations in 81 Children and changed their lives immediately and forever with no attempt to preach to or convert the children or their families. Florida Hospitals provides these types of missions continuously throuout the Carribean and Latin America with no payment for services from any of the patients.

I was enourmously impressed by the competence of the professional and administrative personnel and this experience would lead me to chose them as a Hospital system which could be trusted to care for my family.

Fortunately since moving to Florida 4 yrs ago neither I nor my wife have needed in hospital care, therefore I do not have any direct experience with FH to share.