View Single Post

Old 01-15-2015, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
That's how I see it too. If I made the decision to buy a house in harm's way I have to take responsibility. I would do what was possible to protect my investment. Others may put a greenhouse on the back and cringe everytime someone swings.

I don't envy the golf course lot owners. Why should I?
I don't like being told what I feel, what I think or being told I'm an unfit parent.

I really would like to own a lot that overlooks a pond. I enjoy watch and taking pictures of water birds. That's not envy either. I wish I was a better golfer too. Is that envy?

As far as do unto others,,,,I would never impose my values on anyone or tell anyone else they are unfit to be a parent. I don't want that done to me either.

Maybe it does seem holier than thou, but my view is colored by having lived in Golf Course communities for over 40 years, but the ones we lived in were on ONE golf course. Members dined and drank at one club house and we were in numerous golf groups and leagues so if you broke a window you were with people who would know you and know the homeowner and know a lot of folks in the community who golfed.

You were made. Period and amen and there was no getting around it. Plus we were always taught that golfers acted like ladies and gentlemen. There was a time like that and many did. A window pane generally is not going to cost a LOT, but in my view it is the right thing to do. If you broke it, you bought it.