View Single Post

Old 01-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Our gas cart doesn't have a smell to it. If is a fuel-injected cart - perhaps the older carbureted carts have more of an odor?? It can be a bit noisy during acceleration but when cruising around at a steady 20 mph it quiets down but is not as quiet as electrics. My wife was actually the one who wanted the gas cart - I was actually leaning more to electric but we went with gas since she does the vast majority of the driving.

I wish Honda made gas carts because they are fundamentally an engine manufacturer and I am sure a gas cart from Honda would be quiet and vibration free.

As I posted above, when Lithium-ion batteries become mainstream I believe we will go electric. I suspect that might not be for sometime. Until then, gas and electrics have good and bad points. With lithium-ion batteries I think electrics will be preferred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Yes, one SET of batteries, sorry I mispoke. That one set of batteries lasted us about six years.
Our cart isn't used much during the summer, but it is plugged into a batttery charger in a hot garage.
My biggest negative about gas carts is the smell that surrounds them, and it's a bit noisy for talking.
Fireboy is keen on gas carts. I think most men are. Whoops, I realize that's a sweeping generalization.
If they could fix the odour problem with gas carts, I could probably be talked into buying one. Until then -- electric.