View Single Post

Old 01-16-2015, 02:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
I heard on the Today Show that they are opening the flood gates for Cuba. How many illegals are going to buy a ticket to Miami and get lost in US?

Maybe Castro will empty the jails and mental institutions, like before, and give them a ticket.

I cant believe this is happening.
"Critics have said the US has played into the hands of the Castro brothers by relaxing sanctions without obtaining commitments from them to expand freedoms for Cubans. Cuba remains one of the most repressive nations in the world, according to human rights groups and the State Department, which have cataloged the ways it smothers dissent through arbitrary arrests, government intimidation, selective prosecution and control of the news media."

Most Cubans do not have the means to buy a plane ticket, much less anything else.
The tentative agreement does not allow for Cubans to travel out.

Even if (with outside help) they managed to get a ticket, then managed to get themselves to one of the ONLY two runways- and managed to get on a chartered plane without being questioned, they would leave with the knowledge that they have put remaining family members at very real risk of repercussion.
I don't think you need to be worried anytime soon about a flood of Cubans arriving by plane to Miami.

And…. on the occasion when Castro sent us his criminals and mental patients he crowded them onto a commandeered boat. No expense.

Although the government owns the only airline, (Cubana) and could load them up without buying plane tickets it still would cost the government $$$ in fuel and landing fees to fly their undesirables out.
As of now, Cubana does not fly to the U.S.

Last edited by Uptown Girl; 01-17-2015 at 07:04 AM.