View Single Post

Old 01-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Most Chinese were illegal. Many Irish were, too. Ditto Jews pre-WWII. Whether we like it or not, America has always been a Mecca for those wanting something better and those already here bemoaning the changing population. What bothers me about this wave of immigrants, legal or illegal, is there is no desire to make this their home. They want to work here, earn funds to send their families and then return to their countries of origin after a certain goal has been reached and, worse yet, America (and not just the present administration) has kowtowed to them. America deserves better than people using it as a way station.

We do need to take back America. We need to let immigrants know they are welcome so long as they will respect our laws, learn our language, assimilate and become Americans. Otherwise, you're welcome here as a tourist, but no jobs, no funding, no schooling.
I am so glad you made this second post to this thread !!!!

I agree with you because I welcome immigrants of ANY COLOR, ANY CREED...makes not difference.

The difference is the world today versus what you compared it to. Then, you could not kill a lot of people just be getting in the country, and I doubt the percentage of folks who wanted to do that was very high (being a bit sarcastic)

And your last points well taken but not something that is happening nor something it appears our leaders are even striving for.

Funny, well not humorous funny, but Martin Luther Kings widow had a great fear of the immigrant movement because she feared they would take jobs from the black population.