View Single Post

Old 01-16-2015, 08:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
I find 297 pages extremely hard to believe. We always get copies of records, usually on a cd. Still 297 is way out of my realm of understanding for a one night stay. Could you explain further?
The move to EMRs has positives and negatives. The availability of records from your PCP's office to the ER will (may) add in your care However I'm a sceptic and have been around EMRs since I oversaw the installation of the first in one of my hospitals in 1991.

The fact that the records are available electronically is terrific, but experience has shown that they are underused. And for us to think they are secure is being, shall we say, ridiculous. Even worse is the fact that ObamaCare requires that all EMRs - hospital, physician, other medical facilities - are merged into a federal database. Do you really think these will not be hacked within days, weeks, months? E.g, a company in Pakistan several years ago was hired to transcribe physician dictations, etc.. Those records ended up on the Internet held hostage for ransom by the Pakistani transcribers. Get ready folks you've not seen anything yet. If the ObamaCare website didn't work, why do you think your personal health information would be secure.

By the way, I'm not guessing about this. I've worked in healthcare for 40 years and have already seen ObamaCare fail on several fronts.