View Single Post

Old 01-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Yea, I don't get it. When we hear that they're building more homes we get all the grief about how it's getting too crowded and the infrastructure won't support all these new people.

When they build infrastructure to support the newcomers, we get complaints that it's the wrong kind.

Publix has been very successful as have many of the other businesses mentioned. The idea is not to provide variety for the people that live north of 466. Rather it's to give the people in the overcrowded areas some relief from the overcrowding.

I would suggest that anyone who wants to open a Costco or Trader Joe's, go out and invest the money and open one. If a business has a good chance of being successful here, I'm sure that the leaders of that business would be chomping at the bit to build in this location. The reason that we don't have a Trader Joe's is because Trader Joe's hierarchy has decided not to put one in here. I'm sure that The Villages would love to rent space to anyone who is interested in renting.

We live in the biggest and best over 55 community in the world and we have amenities, shopping and restaurant choices that almost no other community of this type has. If you want an endless variety of choices in dining and shopping go get an apartment in Central Park West. You'll have every thing you want.
Well Said. Couldn't agree more. There have been many online petitions to bring other stores and resteraunts here and guess what most didn't work.