View Single Post

Old 01-17-2015, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I'm not a fan of this administration nor of John Kerry. Being from Massachusetts, I find him to be especially embarrassing.

But, I don't see what the big deal is about this. He had James Taylor come and sing a song about being a friend as a symbol of our friendship with the French. Is it really that big a deal?

I think that the entire march of solidarity was ridiculous. It really accomplished nothing. It was just a big show for world leaders. I'm glad our president decided not to participate. This little act was absurd as well, but I don't think that it embarrassed us as a nation. It just really wasn't that big a deal.

Some people want to bash the president and his administration for every little move they make. While I would have preferred a Romney presidency, I'm not going to take that course. I'd rather discuss more important things.

I did think however, that if they're going to have James Taylor (who I am a huge fan of) come and play and sing, that they could have gotten him a proper microphone set up. That was ridiculous!
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.